Friday, May 24, 2013

Moveable feast for the senses

I have about 23 million pictures already, I am essentially seeing Mexico through my camera lens. I cannot control my shutter finger! This city is a moveable feast for the eyes (equally so for the ears and mouth, but more difficult to capture with my camera). So I'm just going to throw some pictures at you. Turn on some mariachi music and grab a bowl of tortillas y picante and you will experience the flavors of Guanajato!

This is me in a courtyard anchored by a cathedral whose bells wake us up every morning- and ring every 15 minutes during the day (we figured it announced the time per the ush, but we counted 18 bells one morning, que pasa?!?)

Succulents everywhere

Mmmmmmm


La mercado

Guanajauto was a tremendous silver mining town in the 1600-1800's. They built a system of aqueduct tunnels beneath the town and through the mountains to support the industry. These tunnels are now used for vehicle transportation.

Bambino




Walking around Guanajauto we saw many mini-brides going to their first communions and pre-baptismal babies decked out like little priests. This el nina was waling with her family in a tunnel we found ourselves in during one of the many times we got lost bumbling around.

Public art everywhere!

Trying to figure out how I can fit one of these in our kitchen



1 comment: