Thursday, May 23, 2013

Muy Guapo Mexico

The Garlands have descended upon Mexico! We have gathered here to witness the marriage of my baby brother, Adam, to the beautiful Diana Paulina- who was born in Guanajauto (lucky girl!!). How is my baby old enough to get married?!? Waaaaah!

Guanajuato is a state and is the bajio (heartland) of Mexico. It is dead center of the country:

And the city of the same name is the capital of the state of Guanajuato- this is where we are. My intention here was to plagiarize some flowery descriptions of the city from an experienced travel author but instead I will take the honest and less illegal path and just give you a link About Guanajauto

We arrived to Mexico that did not exist in our wildest imaginations. From the plane approaching Leon we saw mountaintops with cathedrals nestled into the nooks and duomos perched on top. Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!

We are staying at the Posada Santa Fe on the Jardin de la Union. The Jardin bustles with activity that never naps.



Aside from Nashville there is no other place I've visited where the ratio of live music performers to regular ole listenin' folk is 3-1 (on a quite day).


That's me with one of the tinier mariachis known to man (I have packed him in my carry on already). Notice the new wool poncho I just bought from a street vendor (that's right, I'm gonna belt it, cinch it, and wear the Hecho en Mexico out if it!)
Tomorrow is sightseeing and rehearsal dinner, stay tuned (dot dot dot)

4 comments:

  1. eeeeeeee! so happy you're going to be blogging your way through me-he-ko! edge of my seat! these pictures are awesome! and congratulations to Adam and Diana!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. What fun photos!! Beautiful country!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet!! This pictures are amazing!! Have the best time in San Miguel!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete